Support for S&F Account login

Alle Arten von Feature-Wünschen können hier gestellt werden.
Robin
Administrator
Danksagung erhalten: 354 Mal

Re: Support for S&F Account login

Beitrag von Robin »

Short question:
Do you have one SF-Account or do you need the possibility to control multiple ones at the same time?
UI-wise, the first option would be quicker and simpler to implement, but would work on the assumption you only need one SF-Account currently.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor Robin für den Beitrag:
FritzvonBenny (Fr 5. Mai 2023, 23:05)
MFBot-VersionCode-Zeilen*In Dateien*Letzte Version
MFBot 1.5.x64851Juli 2013
MFBot 2.x1436316März 2014
MFBot 3.x2209536März 2015
MFBot 4.x55242241Juli 2018
MFBot 5.x66000440Tbc
*Ohne automatisch generierten Designer-Code
lagertha
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Beitrag von lagertha »

For me, I only have one SF-Account that is connected with the sub accounts from the specific worlds
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor lagertha für den Beitrag:
Robin (Fr 5. Mai 2023, 11:59)
Cannot
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

Beitrag von Cannot »

If you (like me) only use one Character per Server there is no need to use more than one SF-Account.
For the heavy botters that are using up to 50 Character on one Server there should be an (later) option to do so.

My question here is: Do you handle SF-Account the same way like e.g. Steam-Accounts, where I happened to connect my Characters to...
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor Cannot für den Beitrag:
Robin (Fr 5. Mai 2023, 11:59)
Robin
Administrator
Danksagung erhalten: 354 Mal

Beitrag von Robin »

Cannot hat geschrieben: Fr 5. Mai 2023, 11:35 My question here is: Do you handle SF-Account the same way like e.g. Steam-Accounts, where I happened to connect my Characters to...
At the moment, we want to focus on the SF-Account itself, not on external SSO providers like Facebook or Steam.
Implementing them is planned for a later time - if this doesn't affect a broader user base - since creating the UI to login and especially the infrastructure might take a lot more time.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor Robin für den Beitrag:
Cannot (Fr 5. Mai 2023, 12:20)
MFBot-VersionCode-Zeilen*In Dateien*Letzte Version
MFBot 1.5.x64851Juli 2013
MFBot 2.x1436316März 2014
MFBot 3.x2209536März 2015
MFBot 4.x55242241Juli 2018
MFBot 5.x66000440Tbc
*Ohne automatisch generierten Designer-Code
Gustav
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von Gustav »

I would use a single SF Account but I think at some point Playa will enforce the SF Account useage and ppl with multiple chars on the same server will need support for more SF Accounts
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor Gustav für den Beitrag:
Robin (Fr 5. Mai 2023, 13:05)
Uwaga
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal

Beitrag von Uwaga »

Single account is also sufficient for me, thanks for your hard work!
Marcin97

Beitrag von Marcin97 »

Hi. Perhaps I have found a golden mean, if such a solution is technically possible. Add two bot-acceptable login options. the first option is unchanged - as before. the second, new option - is logging in with your login and password to the SF account, then all characters connected to this account will be added to the bot and we will manually decide on which account the bot should work, for example by checking the "automatic logon" option or simply checking the appropriate square in the bot program.
Uwaga
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal

Beitrag von Uwaga »

Marcin97 hat geschrieben: Fr 5. Mai 2023, 20:27 Hi. Perhaps I have found a golden mean, if such a solution is technically possible. Add two bot-acceptable login options. the first option is unchanged - as before. the second, new option - is logging in with your login and password to the SF account, then all characters connected to this account will be added to the bot and we will manually decide on which account the bot should work, for example by checking the "automatic logon" option or simply checking the appropriate square in the bot program.
I cannot speak for the dev team but I suppose they will not remove the "classic" login option, they will only add the possibility to use S&F Account. Robin was only doing a poll if anybody watching this topic uses multiple S&F Accounts or not. I seriously doubt they would remove the "classic" login option, so you don't have to worry :)
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor Uwaga für den Beitrag:
Robin (Fr 5. Mai 2023, 21:12)
kom
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Beitrag von kom »

Floki hat geschrieben: Fr 5. Mai 2023, 08:22 Logging on here daily 5-6 times to see an update un this! Thank you for your time and work!
The same here ;)
Marcin97

Beitrag von Marcin97 »

Uwaga hat geschrieben: Fr 5. Mai 2023, 20:34
Marcin97 hat geschrieben: Fr 5. Mai 2023, 20:27 Hi. Perhaps I have found a golden mean, if such a solution is technically possible. Add two bot-acceptable login options. the first option is unchanged - as before. the second, new option - is logging in with your login and password to the SF account, then all characters connected to this account will be added to the bot and we will manually decide on which account the bot should work, for example by checking the "automatic logon" option or simply checking the appropriate square in the bot program.
I cannot speak for the dev team but I suppose they will not remove the "classic" login option, they will only add the possibility to use S&F Account. Robin was only doing a poll if anybody watching this topic uses multiple S&F Accounts or not. I seriously doubt they would remove the "classic" login option, so you don't have to worry :)
In case you haven't noticed, I'm watching this thread and commenting on it. I understood the admin's statement in such a way that after updating the bot, it will not be possible to run characters not assigned to the sf client
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor Marcin97 für den Beitrag:
Uwaga (Fr 5. Mai 2023, 22:08)
Gesperrt