Gem value in item calculation

Antworten
Chos5555
Danksagung erhalten: 0

Gem value in item calculation

Beitrag von Chos5555 »

Hi,
I wanted to ask about how the gem value calculation in equipped items works. I've had it set to automatic in the advanced "Gem behavior" settings, but MFBot replaced my equipped item (with gem) with an item that had just a little bit more stats not counting the gem, but with the gem the equipped item was far better.
I then tried to set the setting to custom and set the gem value to 100, but I don't really know what that means, is that 100 gold? 100% for item comparison? Does anyone know if I can make the bot count gems when comparing items to see which is better?

Thanks for any replies :)

PS: Also another question, is there anywhere I can check out the code for MFBot? I'd be interested to look at it :)
boeserwolf
Core Developer
Danksagung erhalten: 71 Mal

Re: Gem value in item calculation

Beitrag von boeserwolf »

Hi,

When you set the gem behaviour to manual and define the gem value to 100, the Bot will simulate all items having a socket witth a black gem with +100 to all attributes. If the old item also had a socket this item would also be simulated with +100 to all attributes. So if you find the Bot changes your items too often you may be better off with increasing the minimum improvement for items to be equipped.

Please understand that we have lots of reasons to not provide our code. Some of them are:
Playa could improve there Bot detection if they now how our Bot works.
Others could upload our Bot with Malware in it and then blame us.
We invest a lot of time and do not want others to claim ownership of our work.

Best regards
boeserwolf
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor boeserwolf für den Beitrag:
Chos5555 (So 15. Jan 2023, 11:33)
MFBot 5.x: 63626 CodeZeilen in 338 Dateien

Kein Support über PNs(ausgenommen sind explizit im Forum angeforderte Infos die nicht für den öffentlichen Bereich geeignet sind)
Kein Support für die Shakes & Fidget App
Kein Support für den S&F Browser Client
Chos5555
Danksagung erhalten: 0

Beitrag von Chos5555 »

Thank you for the reply!
So currently the bot doesn't take into count the actual gem that's in the item, right? Alright, time to set the minimal improvement to a higher percentage :)

To the code question, I understand completely, I've been contributing to some open-source projects lately, so that's why I was wondering, just curiosity.
Thank you for your time and effort!
boeserwolf
Core Developer
Danksagung erhalten: 71 Mal

Beitrag von boeserwolf »

That's right, the Bot doesn't take into account the current gem because you may find better ones in the future(e.g. a black gem instead of a normal one).

The automatic behaviour is that the Bot detects what gem values you currently find in the mine and uses this as the base of calculations.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor boeserwolf für den Beitrag:
Chos5555 (So 15. Jan 2023, 11:33)
MFBot 5.x: 63626 CodeZeilen in 338 Dateien

Kein Support über PNs(ausgenommen sind explizit im Forum angeforderte Infos die nicht für den öffentlichen Bereich geeignet sind)
Kein Support für die Shakes & Fidget App
Kein Support für den S&F Browser Client
Antworten