Fehler der Beta-Versionen
Antworten
UnknownDeveloper
Core Developer
Danksagung erhalten: 86 Mal

!! Checklist for good bug reports !!

Beitrag von UnknownDeveloper »

1. Have you tried with newest version?
    Sometimes an update and clean installation solves everything.
  2. Did it work in the past?
    Especially if you are new it might just be a misunderstanding/ misconfiguration of settings. If ask for help first please,
  3. Precise Title
    E.g. "Crash during fighting favorized arena opponents"
    A title like "bot crashing" is very bad for finding mathing topics.
  4. Excact description of behaviour
    Last action, expected next action, performed next action
    E.g. "After finishing last quest bot doesn´t start cityguard he just does dungeon/arena and waits"
  5. Log extract
    Post anonymized extract of behaviour.
  6. Relevant settings
    Easiest is if you make a screenshot and upload is as well.
  7. (If apllicible add tried solutions)
    E.g. "Arena fights vs. recomemended enemies doesn´t work as well"
Good evening community,

In the following I don´t want to offend anybody, I just want to explain what makes our work quite hard sometimes:

In the last weeks I had seen several bugreports with very low amount of details, which made them pretty much useless for us.
Most of the time it already starts with the title: "Some fails on my accounts" If there wouldn´t be atleast one failure regarding your accounts you wouldn´t post here, correct? ;)

If this is followed by "Good morning I wanted to inform you that xyz does not work." we can´t start looking into the problem as we know nothing to recreate this issue.

In such cases we can just start guessing what might be the problem and ask the creator to try some changes and provide addtional details (circumstances, settings, log).

In general if you make a detailed bug reports there is plenty of time saved due to following reasons:
1. While looking up Settings/ Log you might already spot a problem in your settings.
2. We save one iteration as if not provided we asks for them anyways.
3. Other people can identify if they have the same settings and give feedback if it occurs for them as well or not.
4. We possible have enough data to regreate your problem and that way find the solution much faster.

So overall a detailed report helps all of us! Additionally you should always keep in mind, every minute we ask again the same questions we have less time for coding and implementing new features (blacksmith, pet simulation, reverse calculation of new war mage attack, app, to just name a few ;))

Have a great evening everybody!
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor UnknownDeveloper für den Beitrag (Insgesamt 2):
Brummiheld82 (Sa 29. Dez 2018, 14:02) • BoehserSteve (Mo 5. Aug 2019, 19:17)
Antworten