Maximum soldiers to use for attack

Feature-Requests, die bereits abgelehnt wurden.
kom
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Maximum soldiers to use for attack

Beitrag von kom »

May I suggest to add an option to "Maximum soldiers to use for attack" numerically - not only in %
boeserwolf
Core Developer
Danksagung erhalten: 71 Mal

Re: Maximum soldiers to use for attack

Beitrag von boeserwolf »

Hi kom,

Can you explain that a bit more? In general, we try to make settings in a way that you can keep the same value for all accounts - otherwise you may have to change it after a few levels. Therefore this setting is in % : For a char with 30 soldiers 50% would mean 15 and for a lower char with 10 soldiers it would mean 5.

Best regards
boeserwolf
MFBot 5.x: 63626 CodeZeilen in 338 Dateien

Kein Support über PNs(ausgenommen sind explizit im Forum angeforderte Infos die nicht für den öffentlichen Bereich geeignet sind)
Kein Support für die Shakes & Fidget App
Kein Support für den S&F Browser Client
kom

Beitrag von kom »

I would like to attack always only with 1 soldier.
Wsxobylydob
Danksagung erhalten: 51 Mal

Beitrag von Wsxobylydob »

But where's the point to attack with only 1 soldier? In most of the cases you won't win, so the bot won't attack because he knows that he can't win with the 1 soldier... Could you explain me a bit more why you want to do that?

To the developers: Does the bot use "round", "floor" or "ceil" to calculate the maximum soldiers out of the percentage? Because if he uses "ceil" you can just set the percentage to "0.00001" or something like that and he would attack always with a maximum of 1 soldier...
kom

Beitrag von kom »

On my server I use only attack with 1 soldier, and I win over 100 attacks a day :)
I will try set 1% then.
boeserwolf
Core Developer

Beitrag von boeserwolf »

@Wsx: It doesn't work this way. Instead, the logic is(simplified):
- S&F delivers the percentage of soldiers required to (almost) win the fight
- the bot compares this value against the max soldiers setting
- if the value is higher than the setting the bot does not attack

This means: If you set the value to 1% and you have 20 Soldiers the bot will never attack as S&F requires at least 5% soldiers (1 / 20)

Kein Support über PNs(ausgenommen sind explizit im Forum angeforderte Infos die nicht für den öffentlichen Bereich geeignet sind)
kom

Beitrag von kom »

boeserwolf hat geschrieben:This means: If you set the value to 1% and you have 20 Soldiers the bot will never attack as S&F requires at least 5% soldiers (1 / 20)
That's why I would like to suggest to add an option to "Maximum soldiers to use for attack" numerically, then I could set always 1 soldier - irrespectively of the currently owned number of them.
boeserwolf
Core Developer

Beitrag von boeserwolf »

Hello kom,

I discussed this with the complete team and we think that it doesn't make sense to always attack with one(or any other number) soldiers regardless of the required strength. in the end, you might loose more soldiers than you saved...

But, we have it in mind as we will implement two features for fortress fights:
1. We will add a setting to attack with only 1 soldier when the enemy is too strong so we might be luckier with the next enemy.
2. We will implement a feature to change the number of soldiers RELATIVE to the advised numbers so you can either attack with more/less.

Best regards
boeserwolf

kom

Beitrag von kom »

boeserwolf hat geschrieben: Di 7. Mär 2017, 10:58 I discussed this with the complete team and we think that it doesn't make sense to always attack with one(or any other number) soldiers regardless of the required strength. in the end, you might loose more soldiers than you saved...
I'm sorry, but I don't get why wouldn't it work the way that: "Maximum soldiers to use for attack" is set to 1 (number) and if the value (in this case 1 number) is too low to win then the bot does not attack?
I do it this way all the time and I win.
Zuletzt geändert von kom am Di 7. Mär 2017, 18:32, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Raxus
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Beitrag von Raxus »

kom hat geschrieben: Di 7. Mär 2017, 18:21
boeserwolf hat geschrieben: Di 7. Mär 2017, 10:58 I discussed this with the complete team and we think that it doesn't make sense to always attack with one(or any other number) soldiers regardless of the required strength. in the end, you might loose more soldiers than you saved...
I'm sorry, but I don't get why wouldn't it work the way that: "Maximum soldiers to use for attack" is set to 1 (number) and if the value (in this case 1 number) is too low to win then the bot does not attack?
As boeserwolf said, the hole app is made to be useful for as much accounts, as it could be. And I think, that your suggestion will be not used by more then 1% os users. I have almost 90 chars on bot and I can´t find any of them, which could use this feature.
Gesperrt